PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone bought hyd line for m5r2?

windstarpro
04-24-2003, 09:54 PM
If you bought the line from Ford, did it come with the unique o-ring that sealed the line to the master cylinder? Also, is the master cylinder snout and hydraulic line end fitting the same on the F-150 as our cars? I really need this unique o-ring, and I can't get anything to seal it.
Dave
MMN3 USN

lowflying90
04-24-2003, 10:37 PM
does the old o ring break when you change the line?

i'm going to be changing mine with a used one soon.

jeff

windstarpro
04-24-2003, 10:55 PM
Nope, it doesn't crack. Its made out of some material that doesn't get brittle, it stays pliable. If you are wanting to put another line on it, get a new one. The aluminum end will chafe on the inside of the slave cylinder fitting, and the center seal of the aluminum end has a plastic o-ring retainer that likes to crack. I paid 70 bucks for mine online. Worth it if you want a leak free clutch system. That line was the reason I had to buy all three synchro-slyders, second gear, and reverse drive gear. I didn't know better. Hold on to that seal though!
Dave
MMN3 USN

Jim Cook
04-24-2003, 11:23 PM
What is an MMN? I was a Nuke MM1 about a million years ago but don't recall an MMN rating back then.

windstarpro
04-25-2003, 11:00 PM
Hey, how are you? How long ago did you retire? Or, did you go to a utility? Which ship, boat did you serve? Im still at prototype here in Charleston SC, on MTS-626 Daniel Webster. The only thing that distinguishes us nukes now adays on paper is the N-Nonconventional. We are sort of our own thing. Im sure you remember. Im proud to have gotten to do what I do, so I make it obvious.
Dave
MMN3 USN

windstarpro
04-25-2003, 11:02 PM
Oh, yes, only on advancement exams, otherwise, you are right it is MM3, or MM1, or maybe some day MMCM :)
Dave
MMN3 USN

Jim Cook
04-26-2003, 04:13 AM
I sent you an e-mail, hope that you received it. It was way too long for a private message