Snout Seal removal...

fastsc92

I cant for the life of me get the front seal of the SC out. I've tryed everything. I see a flat washer and the seal behind that. I cant get the washer up. Are the two mated together? The new one i got just has a seal...no washer. If so, can i drill some screws in the front, through the washer.....and pull it out with some pliers? I've tryed little picks and 90* screw drivers...but it still wont work.

I believe that is the face of the seal. There should have been a seal retaining wire just in front of the seal.

Pop the wire out then punch a hole thru the metal face of the seal and pry it out. Avoid hitting the bearing located behind the seal or scratching the surface of the shaft where the seal rides.

Here is a link with more info you may need before your done.

http://pub29.ezboard.com/fthunderbirdscenthusiastclubfrm13.showMessage?topicID=91.topic

David

I have that ring off...but i wasn't sure if i could screw something into the washer and pull it out. The new seal doesn't have a washer...and i dont know if i should reuse that washer.....or jsut run the new seal i have and a retaining ring with no washer.

seal replacement

I thought that was a washer too when I changed my seal-Its not, its the seal-its mostly metal.

Here is a pic of all of the snout parts, the seal is the silver thing. The new seal has a brown heat resistant coating on it.
Good luck

Snout%20PartsW.jpg

Back