Will this Rim fit?

blown11

I found a nice 17" rim in 5x108 pattern. I was wondering if it would fit, the offest is .40mm

also its only a 7" rim, I was wondering if a 245 tire will fit on this rim?

--thanks

rim

i have 255/55/16 0n rear................255/45/ 16 are the biggiest you can go on a stock rim..................FAST FREDDIE;) ;) :rolleyes: :p :eek:

A 245-50-17 tire will go on a 7" rim, but if you want to use 245-45-17, that should be on at least a 7-1/2", preferably 8 or 8-1/2".

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Why do you say that ed? just because the shorter sidewall will make the tire bulge out more? 245 is a 245 same width no matter how you look at it. Only thing I can figure is with the shorter sidewall on a smaller width wheel the tire might bulge out more.

s12one.jpg

Last edited:
what color is your SC?

Those spokes look flimsy... make sure you talk to someone before clicking the buy-it-now thing. That way you know you are gonna get the right bolt pattern. I doubt stuff like that you buy on ebay is returnable so buyer beware.

Notice how they don't even give there location. That'd make me a little nervous. Shipping will be expensive on wheels just so you know. I bought my 18's off ebay from Highline Wheels and they fit but it was close up front, very close to hitting the tie rod end on my Audi.

Agreed, a 245 width tire is the same section width no matter the aspect ratio ... but a shorter sidewall tire will have less flex to go on a narrower rim. When I look in a few of the tire catalogues here, most of the manufacturers are showing an acceptable rim range of 7 to 8-1/2 for the 245-50-17, and 7-1/2 to 9 for 245-45-17.

cheers
Ed N.

What's the wheel width?

I'm running 255/45/17 on Cobra 17X9 wheels front and rear. That's about the biggest that will fit properly on the front.

blown11 said:
So the 245/45 Will fit on the 7" rim?

Also what about the .40mm back spacing?
thanks

+40 offset should be OK on a 7, the stock 16x7 are about +38 or +39 I seem to remember.

cheers
Ed N.

they look kinda pimpish in my humble opinion.
i think theyd look better on a honda or other TypeR kinda ride.
just my opinion though, i could be wrong

Whats wrong with the rims that are already on your car? I think those look bad azz. if i were i would deffinitaly stay with those. just my opinion though. keep it real. peace

Im not sure, I just think chrome would be better, and since Im going chrome might as well get something different. Not sure, I cant find anything that makes me happy for 2 days.

Back