oil change?

94-5speed16

hello,
I run full synthetic oil in my sc at all times. I'v used both quaker state and recently mobil 1. I'v got a few questions. First, when running full sythetic what's a safe mile margin to run it at? Also, how many quarts does my sc require and what should the oil on the dipstick look like at say around 2000 miles? I recently checked the dipstick after 2000 miles and it looked like it was over the fill amount. Also, does anyone use any oil additives to theirs? Would it be a good idea to use some? let me know what you think

thanks
dan

First of all, cheers to you for using synthetic! I'm too cheap, but I think I'll try the synthetic this next oil change...

I don't know what mileage you can get out of an oil change using synthetic, but I imagine it's about the same: 2,000 to 3,000... what ever your taste may be.

Super Coupes take five quarts of oil. The oil condition will vary, depending on your car. Some car's oil still looks really clean after that amount of mileage, mine though... not quite so clean. hehe

I use a whole quart of Lucas oil additive every time I change the stuff. My motor is starting to show some wear and is nearing rebuild time, I fear. It's all good though, she's had a rough life! Anyway, the Lucas works good for me, helps to keep things running smoothly and such. You might want to try it if your motor is getting worn.

Best of luck!

just as important (maybe more) than the oil is the filter you use. DO NOT use a fram filter, they are crap. I use WIX or NAPA (which is in reality a Wix filter). anything on the market is better than fram.

Back