Please read gldiii

BlkSCnKS

If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living and your SC. Every time I read about something you have done to your car I just think "Wow, to have the finances to have that done would be incredible." Sorry, this has been something I have been wondering for a while and mechanical engineering hasn't been going incredibly great for me. Calc II is a b#*@h and it has really been tripping me up so maybe it is time for a major change. Thanks, Brandon

Carreer Choice

BlkScnKs, Stick with your choice of professions. I recieved my PhD in Mech. Eng. awhile ago and have my own company now. Nothing is goign to come quickly, unless you're born with the right last name. Good Luck !

Brandon, most of my projects are spread out over several years and are not always a big chunk of cash at once! You'll probably realize that I an not exactly a youngster just starting out in life! I am an independent computer programmer and work is mostly feast or famine. I have been doing this kind of work for more years than I care admit. I have owned my 89 since April, 1989. I'm the first and only owner. It was long paid off before the mods began for it's tenth birthday. The SWB project took over 3 years and the new Whipple project has been going on for about a year now. I also have the luxury of not having a wife or children. That will probably explain a lot of my spending habits! LOL I am also somewhat of a perfectionist in doing stuff, so many things are done over until I get them like I want them. Just my burden to bear, I guess!

But, I have to tell you that I have seen an explosion in both quality and quantity of good looking and fast running SCs over the last couple of years. I think the community as a whole has really raised the bar on Super Coupe looks and performance. It allows for many levels of SC excellence and keeps us all striving to make things better. I think the SC is an enjoyable vehicle from it's stock form all the way up to the show cars and 11 second speedsters!

As hard as some stock parts are to find, it is quite an accomplishment some days just to keep one running!

Brandon
Hang in there - you'll get past calc II. It sucks but you really do need to learn it to understand some of the later information. Once you graduate, the company you work for will get you a nice math package and it will all be a bad memory.

Oh - and if your in engineering for the money - get out as fast as you can, there is no real money here. The norm around here is 60-80K, it may sound like a lot but not after uncle sam and the wife get done with it.

If you want to get paid to break stuff :D then engineering is fun. I routinely design stuff and then beat it up till it explodes, sometimes literally.

Aaron

Back