PDA

View Full Version : Urgent!!! Caliper won't go back for new

TBirdBrian95
04-26-2003, 12:30 PM
BRAKES.
I have a 95 SC and I can't get the rear caliper to go back so I can put the new pads on. I've got the C Clamp on and keep trying to wind it back but it won't go

TBSCoupe
04-26-2003, 01:32 PM
Rotate caliber piston clockwise with pressure applied. Should get tool from local parts shop to accomplish. Can get away without it, but makes life easier.
Regards,
TBSCoupe

pastera
04-26-2003, 03:16 PM
Like TBSCoupe says, the rear caliper pistons must be rotated in because of the parking brakes.

Rent the tool from a local parts store or buy it for about $10. Also hook up a hose to the bleeder and open the bleeder. It is much easier to turnthe pistons back in if the bleeder is open.

Aaron

Gregthespy
04-26-2003, 07:23 PM
I fought with the C-clamp on my rear calipers for about an hour, then ran out of daylight and threw the new pads in my trunk, where they have sat ever since. Now I have new hope, I figured it would be something to do with the E-brake release. Thanks for posting that question TBirdBrian95.
Thanks,
Greg Roll

TBirdBrian95
04-26-2003, 09:31 PM
Well I went and bought the tool at Advance Auto it was 10.00. But it only took me like 30 min to do both sides. Thanks for the help guys