mechanical boost gauge install-help please

SuperCoupe

I just got a triple gauge pod, and decided to throw in another boost gauge (thinking it might be more accurate than the stock one). Just wondering where I should tap this in? I had it "T" ed off the vac/boost line that goes to the gauge in the dash, but I'd rather it have it's own line. It comes with brass compression fittings, and it's a 1/8" line. If anyone has any pics of where in the engine compartment I might be able to thread in a fitting I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
-Jeff

Jeff, I have one to do myself. I noticed a "T" above the steering column in the boost line that I might use. For the 1/8" line I'll splice with some rubber vacuum line with a slightly smaller inside diameter and slip it over the the 1/8 line.

If you want a separate line, how about a "T" or "Y" where other line comes off the intake for the stock gauge.

Actually that's what I had done, but it seemed like I lost boost while the two were working together. Then they seemed to be ok, but I got about a 3-5 psi difference in the two. The new "autometer" Phantom gauge read lower than the stock gauge. I guess it could very well be right, but I thought I'd see for sure if I ran it off it's own independent line. Thanks though.

-Jeff
;)

BTW you'll have a blast with that stiff 1/8" nylon tubing & the fittings! Good luck getting a T that will accept both the 1/4" line in the car, and the 1/8" tubing from the gauge!! What a PITA!!!

Back