Headlight problems....HELP!

SuperCoupe

OK here's the deal....last week I took my gauge cluster out to change the bezel, and hook up some aftermarket gauges. After putting it back together, my headlights are acting strange. The headlights work when you pull the knob all the way out, but the dash lights, and parking lights do not. No problem with directionals, reverse, or high beams. It's a 90 SC without the auto-dims. I figured it was the headlight switch (not the multi-function on the column) so I replaced it, but the same problem still exists. If I pull the knob all the way out, then kinda push it back in a little, I get the dash lights to work, but the headlights, and parking lights don't.
Now I'll explain what I have wired into the leads. I have a set of reverse indiglos wired into the brown wire from the headlight switch, and a set of leads from the three aftermarket gauges illumination tapped into the dimmer (light blue w/red stripe) lead. The indiglos were installed a while back, and always worked fine.
I've checked all fuses, and fuses in the power distribution box, also replaced a (black/grey) relay that I hear click when I turn the headlights on...it's inside the car, to the right of the steering column, under the dash.
Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated!

-Jeff

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Back