Where Did The Spark Plugs Go???

Kris

How in the world do you change the spark plugs on one of these cars? on my 90 sc, ford wants 300 to change plugs.

do you have to change them from underneith the car? or remove all the blower piping?

thanks

on the driver's side, you have to go underneith the car to do it...the pass side, remove the intake up to the throttle body...(don't remove the throttle body) you should be able to get to all of them, otherwise, have to do it from underneith.....hope this helps

duston

no. 1 from the top no's 2,3,4,5,6 from the bottom. helps if you have a lift. buy the best plugs and take your time, seems like i have to repair a plug wire every time i do a tune up.

i did every one of mine from the top except the front plug on the drivers side. It is not that hard, it just takes some time. Here is another tip, don;t go to ford, just go to a good garage. My guy does mine for 35 bucks. and it takes him about 20 min to a 1/2 hour. Make sure you get autolite double platinum(Platinum Pro is the new name.) or Motorcraft Double Platinum. Bosch are junk do not buy them. You can also get good 8MM wires from Autozone with Lifetime warranty for 49 bucks. Good Luck

why remove both? can you not just remove the driver wheel since that is mainly the side you need to get under the car for? Just asking cause I'm about to change my spark plugs as well this weekend.

passenger side you can reach them from the top, drivers side from underneath. personaly I dont see the point in taking of a tire, it can be done with a ratchet and a swivel attatchment (crucial for both sides of the engine, Unless you want busted knuckles and frustration.

you should only need to be under the car for the front most plug on the drivers side. Although it is easier from underneath.

Back