Wheels

VTsupercoupe

Does anyone have 18 inch wheels on their thunderbird, or know whether or not they will fit? my stock front wheels are bent in the shape of ovals and can no longer hold air, so I am going to replace all 4 with something else. I am not sure how wide or how tall I can go.

yes

Alot of guys have 18 inch wheels. Mine are 18X8 with 255/45/19's all around. I think some guys have up to 18x10's on the rear.

My tire/wheel size combo keeps the tire height pretty close to stock so the speedometer is off by less than 1%.

I have 255-45-18 tires on 18x8-1/2" wheels, all 4 corners of my 95 SC. That size is approx. 1/2" taller than the original size 16" tires. If you go with 245-45-18, it will match up almost perfect with the stock diameter. Check out my site, link is in my sig, for some photos.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

It's the technical writer in me...

Dude! Your car looks SSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOO sweet! I also have a 95 5-speed with 74k on her and I just did the Eibach and Tokico upgrade. It's nice, but I want more....wheels....tires....13" brake upgrade.....engine mods....exhaust system.....

I have to stop...I'm drooling....

Mike

Hello

Hello,
I have 18's with 245/45's and a 2" drop.
If you can afford the 19's that would be the wheel and tire combo I would go with, that is just my 2 cents.
Laterz,
D Rainer

BMP83.bmp

Wheel01.gif

thanks a lot guys, this has been helpful. I think that I will go with the 18's. I would consider 19's, but in VT they would get bent pretty quickly with the horrible road conditions.

Anyone know a good place to buy new wheels/rims/tires?

personally

I was really pleased with my purchase from dsicout tire, "tires.com". They have free shipping, free mounting and balancing when you buy the set, so all you have to do is put them on. Delivered in less than a week.

Chris

I'll second that Chris ... I ordered just the wheels from them (I had got a crazy deal on 18" tires up here) ... they were apparently the only source at the time for the wheels I wanted, and they were good to deal with. BTW, www.tires.com will link you to the Internet site for this company, Discount Tire Direct.

cheers
Ed N.

hey Ed....

I have taken the picture :D Will develop this week :cool: finally:eek:

Car was not its cleanest though, had been rainy still.

Chris

Hello

Hello,
Discount Tire. America's tire company.
Great suggestions. I purchased my wheels from them. Great company.
Laterz,
D Rainer

Back