Spec or Mcleod Aluminum flyweel

ricardoa1

Any advise on which one to get, I had a terrible time trying to figure out the part numbers for the Mcleod Ive called them but still alot of confusion with the changing part numbers . Then finding a good price?
Anyways, does any one have one of these installed in their cars. I wanted to get the Spec but I dont know if it will hook up to a stock clutck or a Centerforce II clutch. I dont want to spend the extra money for their clutch set. I have a Centerforce II and a Stock one that are fairly new.
Any comments will be appreciated

ricardoa1

I have the Mcleod in my car with a CF dual friction clutch. I have heard from a guy that races alot that the Spec. clutch will hold up better.

The flywheel will probably give you vibration , unless you have your engine apart now and are planning to balance it all.
It is still a good investment regardless.

Gary

spec all the way!!!

Ive only had my sc for a while but I owned one 12 sec and one 13 sec rx7,s the first was a track monster and i ran it very hard all the time,Ive always used spec products and they are beautiful. In my opinion go with spec. i have a sec clutch and soon to be a spec fly wheel. But whatever you go with good luck!

aluminum flywheel

I got the 11" 164 tooth zero balance flywheel that Fidanza makes for the 302/351. The ring gear is set back just a little further which requires a longer nose starter. It was $350 at D&D transmission in Wixom, MI.

Back