Synthetic trans fluid?

Blownaway

Hi guys, I've always wondered if the $60.00 to $100.00 cost of 12 quarts of Synthetic automatic trans fluid was worth the invesment. Has anyone out there had a positive experience with syntheic ATF for there 4R70W or AOD trans? I've been told that it could be worth up to 1.5 tenthes in the 1/4 mile. What are your thoughts. Also can someone tell me what the first gear ratio is in a 4R70W?:)

i have been told that synthetic fluids contain more detergents and cleaners. If that is true, then it would be good to use a synthetic fluid if you can start using it in a new or rebuilt transmission, but i would not switch to synthetic fluid in a high mileage transmission that's always used conventional fluid. You run the risk of dislodging gum and varnish and stuff and causing problems in an older transmission. synthetic fluids are supposed to dissipate heat quicker than petroleum based fluid, so if you know the trans is in good shape then go for it!. I dont know about any performance gains though.....

Back