Door Chime Volume

Phantom Menace

The volume on my door chime is very low, in fact I can't hear it unless my ear is right up against the glove box. This has caused me to leave my headlights on after I park the car a couple times. Does the low volume mean I need a new part or is there something else to look at? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I can't afford many more batteries.
Thanks

Low Volume / Talking Door Chime ? ?

My door chimes just went quiet also! I seem to remember at one time there was an auto-feature that would actually SAY "Lights ON" or "Door Adjar" to remind you. What model was that on? Maybe it was a Radio-Shack Option? Anybody remember at all???

:confused:

I picked up one from one of the parts sellers here as I sort of like not draining my battery on drizzly days. Inside the chime is a plate which sits inside a resonating chamber and is held up by a spongey material. A hammer strikes the plate and thats what makes the ding. Over the years, the spongey stuff breaks down and gets gummy thus keeping the plate from vibrating. Its possible to repair it if you're handy with an exacto knife or scissors. :)

Back