Feels like my cars gonna shake apart...

SLP007

Got a couple of questions here..... And yes I used the search function and I didnt find what I needed;)

I recently bought the car and it didnt do it when I bought it so I have no idea what it could be. Heres what happens, When I drive (mph doesnt really matter) and let off the gas it sounds like I have a lot of bass coming from the trunk and pass side. It shakes the car pretty violently. I'm a little worried that its going to become un-drivable. Any ideas?

Next thing, On the top of the tube from the bottom of the intercooler to the top of the motor (excuse my non-technical terms) theres a sensor thats broken. Whats it called?

Sounds like your ACT (air charge temperature) sensor. It should set off your check engine light.

As for the vibration, could be a tire out of balance. I would check the rear end where the driveshaft bolts to it, mine came loose there and the car shook bad, the bolts were only finger tight and 2 had backed almost completely out.

Scott Long said:
Sounds like your ACT (air charge temperature) sensor. It should set off your check engine light.

Thats it! and sure enough the light is on.

Scott Long said:
As for the vibration, could be a tire out of balance. I would check the rear end where the driveshaft bolts to it, mine came loose there and the car shook bad, the bolts were only finger tight and 2 had backed almost completely out.

Thanks for the help, I'll check it out today.

ben m said:
drive shaft is what that sounds like, just check the bolts and lock-tite them in there!

Sorry to bring this back TTT, But I checked the DS bolts and thats exactly what the problem was. All 4 were almost backed out. Thanks ben & scott!

Last edited:
Back