Sc is out!

T1Bird

Well today I got my car home from the shop, when I had taken it to get certified, I thought it just needed a Ebrake cable but to my luck it needed alot.. The rear springs were snapped in half, luckily I had bought Eibachs for the car over the winter, and 3 of the shocks were leaking bad, again I had bought brand new shocks from Ed. Now I have my car and it has new headlights, new paint job, complete new cooling componets, new springs/shocks, upper and lower front control arms, sway bar bushings, front radius bushings and new tie rods.. so basically I have a new SC?

Side pic
front
Another front

Excuse the dirt, its been dusty as hell and raining today, I just spent 75 bucks at CTC on car cleaning crap, jeez its expensive, I bought Black Magic Tire Wet foam, Black magic wet shine car wash, Mothers clay bar and showtime detailer and a new shammy..

I got looking at Oil and i have read from previous posts that many of you use syn 15w50?, could I get away with a syn 10W30?

car looks good.

you can use syn 10w30 without issues. I personally would use 5w30 in lower mileage motors and 10w30 in higher motors.

Lookin good Bruce! I'm glad you finally got it all together.
Just to throw my 2 cents in, I have been using 5W50 synthetic ever since I've owned the car, about 5 years.
5 weight is a little thinner at start-up, especially in the cold. Ya gotta get that oil up to the top asap!

Good luck!

Bruce, lookin good!

I like the new headlights, and BTW I uhave been using castrol synthetic 10W30 for the last 6 years in both my 89 and 95 SC's.....never a problem.:)

Well Bruce how does it feel???

what have you all got done and what needs doing??

I owe you some scraped knuckles and arms man let me know if you need a hand anytime..

How much did you spend on the paint job and where did you get it done? My bird needs some painting done to it, the front bumper looks really bad!

T1Bird said:
Well today I got my car home from the shop, when I had taken it to get certified, I thought it just needed a Ebrake cable but to my luck it needed alot.. The rear springs were snapped in half, luckily I had bought Eibachs for the car over the winter, and 3 of the shocks were leaking bad, again I had bought brand new shocks from Ed. Now I have my car and it has new headlights, new paint job, complete new cooling componets, new springs/shocks, upper and lower front control arms, sway bar bushings, front radius bushings and new tie rods.. so basically I have a new SC?

Side pic
front
Another front

Excuse the dirt, its been dusty as hell and raining today, I just spent 75 bucks at CTC on car cleaning crap, jeez its expensive, I bought Black Magic Tire Wet foam, Black magic wet shine car wash, Mothers clay bar and showtime detailer and a new shammy..

I got looking at Oil and i have read from previous posts that many of you use syn 15w50?, could I get away with a syn 10W30?

Ron, the car i thought was running good but now its running like a bag of piss..

SCManiak, I didnt get it painted the previous owner did

Back