almost ready to hit the track

sabbySC

Well I'm almost there. After spending the last month fixing front suspensions comopnents (courtesy of some runnaway mercedes driver who ran me into the curb:mad: ), I've now moved on to the rear end.

For a few months now I've been hearing a growling noise from the rear dif so last weekend I took it apart to track down the problem. Turns out the front pinion bearing was shot, so as of right now everything is apart. I found one bad bearing, and tomorow after work I will put it all together again. I'm probably going to hit a track this weekend for my first couple runs ever in the truck. I'm kind of anxious to see how it performs (doesn't feel alot faster than the SC I had before), but at the same time I don't really expect that much as I have never ran the truck before and I'll have to run on street tires.

Hey Sabby,

Good luck at the track! Hope you pull some good numbers. What track will you be visiting? I wish I could go, but weekends fill up quickly these days...

Sabby,

Let me know where you are headed.

I'm up for going to the track this weekend, provided we go Saturday during the day.

Hopefully we can work something out...

Bill its late friday night and I have still not completed the reassembly process, so I guess I won't be going to the track. Sorry, but if you guys are planning to go on one of the following weekends let me know and I'll be there.

Back