I need you guys' opinions

Joshua632

I have an AOD lined up for $300 + $150 for shipping = $450 total. it is supposed to be rebuilt less than 10,000 miles ago just before the HG went on the car and it was parted out instead of fixed. Or I have a guy who works at a tranny shop and has a small shop on the side and is local who offered to rebuild mine for $450 total. This includes the kit and a new torque converter. What do you guys think? help me out I am up in the air on this one

If your tranny shop guy does a good job, then I would definetly go that route. If you don't know/trust the seller of the aod you won't know what you are getting for sure. If you have it done at the tranny shop and something does go wrong with it, there might be a warrenty, or at least you could complain to the guy. I was in this situation a couple years ago, and that was the advice that I got. I did have to wait a month to have the tranny rebuilt, but the shop gave a 1 year warrenty and I was very happy with it. (older t-bird).

Just my .02 cents. But hey I'm a kid so what do I know?

Joshua,

If the local guy is going to remove and install the transmission that's worth about $300 all by it self.

BTW, What kit and what converter does the $450 include ?

David

I'm not sure about what brand the kit is or the torque converter but Im sure they are stock replacement parts. And I am pulling the tranny thats why so cheap. I really need to talk to him a little more I guess.

Well from everything I've read the SC AOD is differt from the LX AOD. But no one says how they are differt. and if they aren't the same is the rebuild kit different too or is it just that "A" servo? Man I tell ya I can do just about anything on a car except rebuild a tranny just too intimidating I guess.

go local

if the rebuilder is local go that route, if the seller is not local and it dies good luck finding him. But the rebuilder fixes it for 450 (a damn good price I might add) and it breaks you can personaly go have a little talk about craftsmanship. Just a thought

why do you need to think?? who is this guy with the rebuilt tranny? do you know him? is it really10,000 miles or could he exaggerate a little and say 20,000 miles or 30,000? if you can get a shop to do it for the same price, dont even consider the other option. youll have a 0 mile rebuilt tranny from a guy you know, hes local and for the same price.

I'm the seller with the recently rebuilt transmission. Here's my input: If you know the local person and trust him and his work, go through him. Although, I do have a good rep here and I do everything I can to make my customers happy. Ultimately, it's your decision.

Thanks,
Rod

no offense bro..

sorry bro no offense with that statement im just paranoid, not trashin charachter. Just throwin 2 cents thats all, good luck with whatever you do

Oh, no offense taken at all. I'm pretty paranoid when it comes to buying things over the internet when you don't know who you're dealing with (especially lately with all of the bad sellers popping up). I just wanted to say that I do my best to keep my customers happy, one angry customer destroys a reputation that took hundreds of pleased customers to create.

-Rod

No offense to Rod but I am going local. I would like to say That RodsV6Cougar was very helpful through this crisis. Alway professional, honest and quick with responses. I only went local because the deal was just too sweet. thanks everyone who responded to my many questions

Thanks for the support David, but I actually went a head and told him to have his rebuilt. He's getting a good deal as long as the guy who does the work knows what he's doing. But once again, thanks for the compliment, I really appreciate that.

On a side note, did you guys run over at MAR last Sunday. Brian said that you were going to. I was in town and would have gone to watch, but I had a bunch of stuff I had to get done.

-Rod

Back