I heard some bad news today .......

I talked to Bill Evanoff at Supercoupe Performance and I inquired about some parts from Magnum Powers. Bill was telling me that the guy who he is contact with over there was testing out a new Supercharger and got his hand close to it and it actually pulled his hand in and messed it up really bad.:eek:
Those things are pretty impressive, but hate to hear that happened to the dude!
DB91

That bites. Hand injuries are common around machinery. Think of all the times you almost burn yourself on something you don't realize is hot. With burns you often sense it as you get close, and rarely maintain contact long enough to do major damage. But with moving parts, by the time you realize what is happening, it's too late.

In Minnesota we had a kid that had both arms ripped out of their sockets while he was out in the barn working on a Combine. His shirt sleaves where hanging loose and got wrapped up in a PTO shaft. He was home alone and had to walk into the house and call for help. He was in his teens. Both arms were re-attached but they'll never work 100% right.

We just had a 21 year old here in Allentown over the weekend who was crushed under his car when it slipped off the jack.
They had a picture of his car in the paper and it looked like he did an awful lot of work on cars. You would think he would should have know better.
All these mishaps should be reminders and wakeup calls.
Safety First.

Frank,

I learned from Charles Warner (owner MP) that he was the person who was injured. Apparently his index finger got sucked into a blower inlet he was testing and got pretty well mangled before he could pull it out.

Charles said the bone was also broken. The good news is, his doctor expects it to be healed in only 6 weeks. Charles is a very nice guy and a valuble asset to the SC community...I'm glad to hear the accident wasn't any worse and that he will be healed in a fairly short time.

Get well soon Charles.

David

Yeah... I just talked to Bill E. and he just told me the same about Don's Dad. Apparently that was not the first time that he has injuried his hand too. Well with the line of work that he does I can understand it.

I tried to contact Don Pittman, but got his voice mail... so I left a message. I Have never meet Charles Warner, but I have meet his Son, Don Pittman and actually visited him up near Indy. Don Pittman is a very nice guy to talk with and so I'm very sure that Mr. Warner is exactly the same.

I hope for a speedy recovery to Mr Warner Indeed!

Jeff B.

Thanks guys....

Thanks for filling me in guys. I am really concerned when I hear about something like this happening to someone. Especially when they are working for us guys in the SC community to develop quality parts. I will pray for him and his family.
Frank
DB91;)

Back