ARC gone Bonkers?!

89_Red_Xr7

well, when i woke up this morning to go to work, my firm ride light was blinking 3 times on and off & then it did the same, so i figured that i needed to get a new actuator.
after i had cleaned myself up and was getting ready to go to school, i decided to take a look at the arc computer. when i got frustrated i gave the arc one good blow with my fist.:eek:

after that the arc works better than ever....... what's goin on? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Andrew:cool:

They blink to tell you something is not working.
3 Blinkys means your front passenger side actuator isn't working
properly.
Put your ARC switch on auto.
Take off the actuator, and you will see a rectangular shaped pin. Mark the position this pin is at. Next spray some lubricant down in there and with a pair of needle nose pliers work the pin back and forth to loosen it up. Remember where the position of the pin
was before you started and after you loosen it up, return it to the same location. Put the actuator back on and that should fix it.

Because it started working when you wacked your ARC, it might just have been a loose connection at the computer.

I sacked the ARC

Got tired of blinking green lights and replaced the stock shocks with Bilstiens. Best suspension "mod" I have made to date.

89_Red_Xr7; my ARC system has done this exact same thing now since purchase of the car. I removed every actuator, oiled & turned them. I attempted to check the harnesses to the computer, as much as I could get to them they seem tight.

Perhaps I'll just give it a good beating.. as its still happening :D

lol

Back