Noooooo! A Dead Cat!

89_Red_Xr7

well as i was coming home from my meeting just recently, i was on the off ramp and waiting for the light to turn green, when i put my clutch in it felt VERY light and when i would pull it out it makes a screeeeeeeeeechhhhhhing noise. well soon after i lost the clutch totally and was able to push the 2 ton cat to the local parts store.:mad: i checked everything and noticed my brake res. was low.
bought brake fluid and topped her off. still no clutch, went inside to call a friend for a tow and when i went outside i noticed a puddle of brake fluid under the car........:mad:

my question is.. what is it and how expensive is it?

Andrew:mad: (mad as hell because he lost his clutch 2 days before the Route 66 Fun Run)

Sounds like your slave cylinder...

Sounds like your clutch slave cylinder (requires tranny removal to change, as it resides on the input shaft) is shot. While you are changing it, you might as well replace the clutch master cylinder as well (located on the clutch pedal throught the firewall).

I have done both before, you have any questions, just let me know

Phil

hes right

hes right it sounds like your slave cylinder, and the good news is its one of the cheaper fixes, look in your manual (chilton,haynes,.etc if not purchase one) and see wht you need its really not that bad bro takes an afternoon maybe. and you should replace the master clynder also, phils right about that.

Back