70mm MAF mod

stephens89sc

k, ive removed the bridge on my 70mm MAF and i was wondering if i needed to keep the sampling tube (round hole the sensor is in, where the errow points in the pic) or if i can cut it out and just let the sensor be by itself in the maf..... should i leave that little tube or can i remove it ?

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 137
stephen, check the TCCOA, they have an article about this mod, what u need to do is take the actual sensor off the MAF, then take a brand new drill bit, (says in the article what size) and preferrbaly on a drill press, drill the hole a little bigger, then file everything down and put the senor back in.

But check the article

here is the link for it

MAF MOD

The hole must be there!!!!!!

That is the key component in the fluid dynamics calculations that allows the computer and sensor to function properly. The hole limits the volume of air that can pass over the element to a controled amount. Thus the change in temperature of the sensing element can be properly mapped to a volume of air to allow an appropriate voltage output.

If you don't drill the proper size hole, as the article mentions, the sensor will assume lower air volumes are entering the engine than actually is, thus less fuel will be injected into the engine causing a lean condition that could damage your piston's and/or valves.

Back