Help!! Clutch Pedal Gone?

buck92sc

Hi, I was leaving my house for school this morning, and about 100 yards down the road as i was shifting into third i heard a little click and suddenly there was no resistance whatsoever on the clutch pedal. Couldnt get it into any gear. I got out and fiddled around with the pedal for a minute and somehow it came back. I turned around and then it happened again. Fiddled with it again and it came back again. What could it be? It's a 92 with all new centerforce clutch components (less than 15,000 miles). New slave cylinder too. It felt l ike it was something to do with the pedal itself. What could it be? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Kyle

Fixed

Alrite after contorting myself to fit under the dash and twisting my head so i could see how the clutch pedal works i saw what was wrong. On the pedal itself there is a half inch nub that sticks out, and coming through the firewall is a metal rod that has a hole that slides over that nub. Well that metal rod slipped off. I assume there should be some type of cottar pin or something to hold it on, ill go see right now. Thanks, little problem was a pain, bad morning to happen. Finals in college that im missing right now.

kyle

Not Fixed...

Okay, so it wasn't quite as easy as I thought. After looking more closely I now realize there is no hole in the nub to slide a pin through. So obviously it was held on with some sort of clip. I found a bunch of broken pieces of plastic on my floor mat that i can see used to be a plastic clip. I dont know how to explain what it looks like, but im pretty sure it is what used to hold the metal rod to the clutch pedal. WTF do i do now? Looks like im getting an incomplete on my final today. Crap. Please anyone who knows anything about the clutch pedal, perhas someone who has swapped from an auto to a 5 spd knows more about the situation. Please help. Thanks

Kyle

Sorry...

Sorry, I have no information for you on your pedal. But, if I were you, I would get to class to pass that final. The degree you're going to get will (hopefully) get you a better salary so you can pay someone else to do it! Just my .02.

Mike

Mike's right - get your a$$ to class - I had the city bus blues a few times during my college days. Don't worry about your SC - it will be waiting for for when you get home.

Aaron

You'll need to go to Ford to get a new bushing.
Clutch pedal to master cylinder linkage bushing E7SZ 7A581 A
(I believe the E69Z 7526 A part will also work.)

Push the bushing into the push-rod round end, then snap the push rod onto the nipple that is on the clutch pedal arm. If this bushing has been bad for a long time, the rod can actually damage the nipple to the point where it will not hold the bushing or rod. You'll need to inspect it to see if it has been damaged.

Thanks

Thanks George for the information, exactly what i needed. It wasnt that i was too worried about my SC to go to class, it was that i had no way to get there lol. I have already talked to my professor and things are straightened out now. Time to get the SC fixed now. And by the way, i dont let anyone else touch my SC. I trust no one. Any work that is done to it is done by yours truly. Thanks again for the help.

Kyle

Back