Engine mount part numbers

tigerknight

I'm looking for the part number(s) for the original engine mounts (fluid/non-solid rubber) of my '95 sc. I know mine are at LEAST in bad shape and very possibly already shot to hell entirely. I was planning on getting the parts, then having the auto shop I do my brakes at put them in as long as they have the car - figure it'd pretty fast and cheap that way since the parts would already be there if I bring them in. Anyone know offhand what the part number(s) I'm looking for are? I did a search of the forums but came up blank.

Just pick up a set at the ford dealer, or any parts store if you want the fluid filled.

I can attest to the solid mount, they do not increase the engine vibration as felt in the car much at all. If you are hard on the gas at all, then go for the more durable solid mounts.

BTW: The job is best done your self because of the time involved in changing the mounts. It takes about 2 hours per side without air tools and a lift. A shop should be able to do it in 3 hours for both sides. At $60/hr, it gets expensive very fast. If you can turn a wrench, you can get some nice toys for that $180 and a few bruised knuckles.

Aaron

Go solid!

I just had the solid engine mounts installed on my 95 with 74K and OH MY GOSH! What a difference! Save yourself some money and go with the solid mounts! I CANNOT BELIEVE how smooth they are! Just my .02! And the solid ones will last longer (or so I'm told), I'll let you know in another 74k!

Mike

Well, whether I go for solids or fluids I'd still like to have someone else do it - mainly for the purpose of if anything breaks - it's their responsibility :]

But still.. part numbers? I can't imagine that all engine mounts are the same for all fords. I poked through Ford's website and wasn't able to find a searchable parts list, they just wanted me to call a dealer. I suppose I can, just have to find the time since I work swing shift and don't generally have much time when both I and the companies are open.

Holy Crap, today is your lucky day. I just so happen to have those numbers sitting right here next to me. They are:

F4SZ6038C
F2SZ6038D

They will run you about $225 for the pair. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, and just get the solid mounts. They are soooo much better, and are only $88 bucks! www.mn12performance.com

Thomas

Back