vapor or smoke?

got-sc?

CODE BLUE NeeD HelP

hey you guys i was wondering my car during the day it doesnt smoke you cant see any smoke but whe it gets dark it looks like i have blown head gaskets it smokes or like it shoots out vapor or something what could it be? do i have to get a new engine??? if so how mush does it cost to rebuild our engines ???? please help that vapor or smoke is starting to scare me what do you guys think i should do im not burning any oil and im not having to ad water to the car so what could it be?????

Last edited:
SMOKE/VAPOR

if you blew your hg....you would know it...would overheat, skip, buck,....check your oil...if there's antifreeze in it(look for milky brown) bad hg...check your water...any oil?? otherwise, sounds like it gets alittle chilly at night and its just moisture forming inside the exhaust....nothing to worry bout inless you blew your hg....does your car overheat?? where does your temp guage at during normal driving??....

code blue need help

well i havent checked the oil or the water for that kinda of stuff i know that i am not burning oil or having to add water but ill check that today if it is a bad hg how much is that to get it fixed and is it worth fixing one of our cars ........

Last edited:
HG'S

YES! its worth fixing on our cars(sc's) it a known prob with the 3.8 to blow the hg's...as for as to get it fixed, if you do it yourself, then you lookin at the price to get the hg set and the new head bolts....(can't reuse old ones)....but if your gonna have it done by a shop, then your lookin at anywhere from 700.00 to 1400.00... but its well worth it, and since you have the heads off, send them out to get mildly ported, shaved......its a good idea to shave the heads b/c the heads are alum. and they warp if they get to hot.. the key is , tryin to keep the sc engine as cool as possible... hope this helps...

duston

s+s engine

S+S engine is a damn good deal, 1700$ remanufactured (not rebuilt) all moving parts, gaskets, seals brand new. Its better to start fresh if you want to mod it. It takes 4 days for them to build 5 days to ship. I have one And im very pleased! And if you do check out my post on the thread "performance boost low cost" i posted about gasket matching, its hp for virtually nothing! Either way good luck and to quote twindragons..yes its worth fixing.

Back