need help please!!!

tbirdcrazy

recently my car just stoped running, out of nowhere. I ran a diagnostic and and it showed trouble code 14 Profile Ignition Pickup circuit failure. And i ca't do a koeo check becuase my car won't start. so please if anyone can't help me please drop a line. i tried replacing the DIS modual that didn't work. please help!!!

is it a 5-speed? next step should be your crank sensor. on most all cars they wont run if its bad. i think when the cam sensor goes bad it will still run but poorly. get a new crank sensor, i'm pretty sure that's it.
joe

I just ran another diagnostic it said, code 19 cylinder identification failure, do you still think its the crank sensor??? I got it to run just barely, but then it stalled right away

Cylinder identification failure sounds like a sensors can no longer determine the position the cylinders are in for firing. Crank sensor. I don't believe the car is always adequate about reporting this sensor. Also, I believe a bad cam sensor allows the car to start but requires much more cranking.

ya, it's probably the crank sensor. that tells the eec what position the crank is in. the eec doesn't always point to the crank sensor.
joe

The cylinder identification sensor (CID) is the cam sensor, not the crank sensor. But I believe that the first code you got, Profile Ignition Pickup (PIP) refers to the crank sensor. Sounds like you might have a couple problems.

-Rod

racecougar said:
The cylinder identification sensor (CID) is the cam sensor, not the crank sensor. But I believe that the first code you got, Profile Ignition Pickup (PIP) refers to the crank sensor. Sounds like you might have a couple problems.

-Rod
Your beliefs are correct. CID=Cam sensor, PIP=Crank sensor. The car will not start with no PIP, but can start eventually with no CID signal as it has a 33% chance each start try of getting it right. That's key off, try to start, key off again and retry 5 or more times. If no-start and the upshift/up-arrow light comes on, then its a missing PIP signal.

Since tbirdcrazy got an intermittent code for PIP, then I'd definitly look at the crank pulley bolt first, the connectors and wires second, and the crank sensor itself 3rd. Eventually, if you own the car long enough, you will eventually need to replace all 3: DIS, Cam sensor, crank sensor. Maybe more than once.

Well on my diagnosis of my no start problem I have replaced crank sensor cam sensor dis mod , diagnostic scope keeps telling me dis mod failure have not found problem yet going to ignition switch next I'll let you know what happens.

Back