Dominion IV or Magna Port II?

blown11

Dominion III or Magna Port II?

Which is a better blower? or makes more power the Dominion III or Magna Port II?

Any info or comparison would be helpful on a decision. Thanks

--lance

Last edited:
LOL I didn't mean for it to start anything, I searched for it but couldn't find a real answer.

From what I've seen/heard/read/experienced, I'd go with the MP. They have put numerous hours of testing into that piece. Like Anthony said, Go with the MPII and call it a day.. Trust me/us.

Thomas

Okay if I go with the MPII, Should I get one of the polished no waits for $1200 or should I just get it ported for 350? Just getting it ported doesnt rebuild it or polosh it. Whats the best option here?

Well I purchased the 89 SC back in november, the owner said that he has just put in a 95 Engine and blower with 45k on it. Since then it hasn't been driven because of winters here in MI.

Shoot, if you have a '95 blower, your a step ahead. You just need the Maganport then. Anyway, obviously $350 and $1200 is quite bit of difference. At 45K, your blower should be just fine. I don't think a rebuild would be real neccasary. However, if you wanted the piece of mind, that it ain't going to hurt anything. MP has the port/rebuild package for $600. If you can go without your car for 2-3 weeks, I'd say just send your's in and save the money. In fact, I'm not even sure they have a No Wait option on the Maganport for the '94-'95's. Would have to check that out. As far as polished, that is just a personal preference. One that you might want to consider is also getting the Inlet Plenum. IT'S FREAKING HUGE!!! Maybe you could put the $300 cost of polishing the blower towards the inlet. Just a thought?

Thomas

Your best bet is to use your coated rotors (if you really have a 95 blower) in an early style case treated to the MPII setup. I talked at length with Charles Warner about this option. The late style case can't have the MPII inlet modificaiton done to it. I bought a early style blower from Jeff (J57ltr) to try something with. When money allows, I'm going to send the rotors off to be coated by HPC and maybe have the inside of the blower coated too. Then, I'll send it off to Charles to be MPII'd.

The MP inlet plenum is a must either way.

For reference, I've had.....

- bone stock 91 blower
- bone stock 94 blower
- bone stock 94 blower with 91 pulley
- " " " with 18% OD
- Dominion IV(s) w/18% and 23% OD

and now have a

- Dominion III w/18% OD

I'll be getting a MP inlet plenum first, then the coated MPII thing will be after that if I feel it's necessary. The DIII builds about 14-15 PSI at 2500>up with the 18% OD and the tons of other mods I have now. It made 16-17 before I changed the exhaust (for like the 5th time). The stock 94 made about 14 (3 less than the D3) and the DIV's (yes, that's plural) were defective and returned since they were built from bad core rotors (that were not my own BTW).

Good luck,
Steve

Hmm I tend to not agree with the flock..I have a ported by ESM 94 blower......I was more then happy with it..Personally feel its a better part then the let me epoxy on a new inlet blower..However I did go with the magnum powers inlet and its matched to my ESM blower...So trust whoever you want...My tailights however look awfully purty so I hear

Back