H-pipe sucks!

SCGuru92

X-pipe is much better.
I have true dual 2 1/2" pipes, had an H-pipe and flowmasters, and it sounded like s@#t. I thought it was the flows, so while I was having those chopped off, I had a Magnaflow X-pipe installed with no mufflers. sounded alright, but I got tired of it after a while. So before I spent more money on "Phase 7" of my exhaust, I thought I'd try the Flowmasters again just to remember how awful they were and justify spending the cash. To my surprise, they sound great, like they are supposed to. I can tell that I lost a few ponies, but I'll take it for now. The only difference with the 2 systems was the h-pipe/x-pipe swap. I cant explain it, but it made a world of difference in the sound.

duals

I too have true 2.5" duals, and an h-pipe with no cats or resonators. im using dynomax super turbo mufflers. You said you like the x pipe better-is you car deep sounding or like a honda on crack-thanks.

with the h-pipe and flowmasters, sounded like crap

with x-pipe and no mufflers it sounded good in low rpms but above like 3500 it got buzzy.

with x-pipe and same flowmasters on, sounds great at the low rpms and then sort of fades away a little bit (but then the blower starts whining real loud) But overall a quality sound all through the range. However not the best performance option plus it drones on the highway.

If you dont like your sound with the Dynomaxes and H-pipe, I'd suggest swapping to an X. It worked well in my case.

Back