Keypad entry addition???

iwannanSC

What would I need to do to put keypad entry in an '89 SC that didn't come with it? I think I would need the keyless entry module and a keypad, is there anything else that I would need? Does this even sound like a possible addition? Thanks for everyone's input,

Matt

keyless entry

i believe you would need to find a puter out of a 89 sc that came with the key pad also....b/c some models had alarms....witch, i believe went through the puter.....my 35th has keyless pad....but it does come in handy when you lock your keys in the car, or need to unlock both doors or pop the trunk without goin back and openin it wid a key...(loss the trunk key....lol)

and also, you would need all the wiring that goes from the puter to the module to the key pad...would also have to cut a hole in the door , Or, get a new door that has one on it..

Hey twin dragons-

Just curious. how does your SHO compare to your SC? I have heard a lot of good things about the yamaha motor- did they change anything else other than the motor?

Thanks

Mitch90BlackSC

well, stock for stock, the sho will stomp my sc...the sho is only .8 liters smaller, but, its DOHC 24 Valves...and weighs alot lighter, only 3000 lbs, compared to 4982 lbs. the motor is a yamaha and the tranny is a 5 speed mazda...it also has factory doull exhaust. sounds kinda neat......lol.... but the sc, you can feel the power with the torqe...the sho redlines at 8 g's, but i've took it to 9 1/2 g's. for a taurus, its a reall sleeper....the newer sho's have 32 valve v8's, but there junk from what i was told....they don't put out that much more hp then the v6....not only that, the v8's where all auto....i like 5 speed...i think the highest hp level i've seen so far was i believe 550 fwhp and 450 fwtq.....but the guy put a twin turbo system on it.......anything else you would like to know?

that's max vehicle capacity or somthing else like that. look on your registration or title. my loaded 35th weighs 3683 lbs.
joe

I have a 93 SHO and a 92 SC.

I can't really decide which one I like more. The SC will smoke the SHO off the line, but the SHO will hunt it down.

My best advice, is buy a sho and enjoy 2 of fords coolest cars.

My sho is a auto, I'd rather have a 5speed too.

tim

38SCPROJECT

having a 5 speed makes a world of difference... before i got my 89 sho, i raced a 94 sho, (auto) i stomped it all over...he didn't catch me till i slowed down, then he passed me doin over 140 mph. i also see your sellin your sho??? i'm tryin to do the same so i can get my 35th back on the road(needs tranny). what does your sho redline at?? one more thing, guess how much i paid for my sho?? 500.00 thats it...needs minor work, but i thought its well worth it....gonna sho these ricers a real sleeper with a family sedan........(he, he, he).

now all i need is the 93 probe gt, and the svt contour and i'll have all the hi output ford v6 motors..(also gonna need a 94 sc)....

duston

I paid alot for my SHO, but it was really sharp when we bought it, and it had a NEW ford reman tranny in it right before we bought it.
I did better on my SC paid 800.00 for it with only 83,000 miles on it, and NO RUST.
I have found an 89 SHO for $100.00 with out the tranny I am going to buy it, thinking about make an 93/94/95 Ranger super cab with a 3.0L & 5 speed. I just love those engines.

I wasn't too impressed with the SVT contor, and I just can't stand the probes, whenever I work on those things I feel like I'm getting probed !!!!

I kinda wanted a lightning, but I've got to tell you I am really impressed with dodges new ram SRT-10 V10 525 FTLBS, 500 HP, sweet looking truck, I am not a dodge fan, but I've got to tell ya, I think the lightning has some compition.

Tim

that dodge ram, is it the one with the viper motor in it?? there really sweet....i also think the new hemi dodge's are sweet...i was told there pretty nasty.....did you know that the svt contour is also know as a baby sho?? i read that somewhere....the new lightening's are sweet...come factory with the ram air....i'd be afraid to drive something that nice...(maybe to shows or something)... the new t-birds aren't that great, think it would be kinda neat to own one.....my friend thinks they made a svt probe, but they never did, the svt contour had a duretec 2.5L dohc 24v motor and the new courgars have them too., but the 93 probe gt just had a plain 2.5L dohc 24v v6.....i tried to tell him, but he don't believe me.....he also seems to think his probe will beat my sho and my sc.....he's an idiot, now he's tryin to sell the probe for 500.00 to me yesterday....(told him he's nuts)...thats cool how much you paid for your sc.....i traded a 1990 pontiac firebird even up for my 35th anny ed...(auto)...the firebird had a 3.1(JUNK MOTOR'S)...he even paid for the title transfers....but then he messed wid the car (he got mad at me for trading him my car for his.).....and now, 2200.00 later, it still needs a tranny....i just have to save my pennies or sell the sho.. i'd rather not, but i have no choice now...

duston

well i haven't had to do anything major to my SC yet.....but i think i got mine for a great deal at 600 bucks with very minor rust and 110,000 miles with an auto tranny and fully loaded.....just figured id add my 2 cents in.....

twindragons187 said:
that dodge ram, is it the one with the viper motor in it?? there really sweet....i also think the new hemi dodge's are sweet...i was told there pretty nasty.....did you know that the svt contour is also know as a baby sho?? i read that somewhere....the new lightening's are sweet...come factory with the ram air....i'd be afraid to drive something that nice...(maybe to shows or something)... the new t-birds aren't that great, think it would be kinda neat to own one.....my friend thinks they made a svt probe, but they never did, the svt contour had a duretec 2.5L dohc 24v motor and the new courgars have them too., but the 93 probe gt just had a plain 2.5L dohc 24v v6.....i tried to tell him, but he don't believe me.....he also seems to think his probe will beat my sho and my sc.....he's an idiot, now he's tryin to sell the probe for 500.00 to me yesterday....(told him he's nuts)...thats cool how much you paid for your sc.....i traded a 1990 pontiac firebird even up for my 35th anny ed...(auto)...the firebird had a 3.1(JUNK MOTOR'S)...he even paid for the title transfers....but then he messed wid the car (he got mad at me for trading him my car for his.).....and now, 2200.00 later, it still needs a tranny....i just have to save my pennies or sell the sho.. i'd rather not, but i have no choice now...

duston

Anyone get to play around with the V8'SHO? I had one, i'd take it over a V6 (for the sound of the exaust)

I messed around with a v8 sho on the highway from 65-90mph. I am not very good at guaging distance in car lengths but there was quite a distance between us, not to mention when I slowed back down to 70 he would not even try to pass me. My dad has a 94 sho with an auto and we did about the same speed race and he fared a little bit better, but not much. Im sure the 5-speeds are quicker, but the auto's and the v8's seem kinda slow to me (as compared to my 165,000 mile sc anyways).

Back