Popping soumd when turning!!

thunderbird89sc

Ok so when i take a sharp turn left or right I hear and feel a pop sound comming from the back drivers side tire, The wheel bearing and hub were replaced like 6000 miles ago, and the wheel nut both thingie, the 36mm is still tight as hell, and also are all the knuckle bolts though i will re check them tomorrow before work, so i was wondering what this could be, i don't want my wheel falling off, and i did check the lug nuts too, any ideas would be great, thanks,

You guys are great
Matt

cv joint? there's gonna be more stress when turning. i know that is a classic symptom of a bad front cv joint being bad on a front wheel drive car, and it would make sense that the same would apply to a rear cv joint on an IRS rear drive car........just a thought.....

check your front subframe bolts

my car was doing this last year after a motor mount/waterpump job and after replacing the only noticeable worn item in my front end, an upper right control arm... it was still doing it... i drove it to carlisle and asked another sc owner who was a mechanic if he knew what it was, he drove it, said it sounded like subframe.... we jacked it up, he tightened the bolts (some were almost 3/4 turn loose) and it hasnt made that noise since.

Back