94 SC bucking when hitting boost?

Stelar SC

It only happens sometimes, when im around 3000 rpm's and i hit 10-15 psi, the car starts bucking, it fells like if the supercharger pully was slipping or something, the rpms keep going up and the boost guage will stay in one spot, but it bucks, idk what it could be :confused:

Have you ever changed the plugs and wires. Those are the first things I'd check if not. If you do go for a change of plugs and wires stick with the O.E. Motorcraft stuff. Other/off brands have been known to cause the same type of problems your having now.

OEM wires too?

Jimmy, do you suggest sticking to OEM wires as well? I was thinking of going to Magnecores....had Jacobs at one time and went back to stockers.

Thanks, Chris

Had the same problem

I had the same problem with my 90SC took it in to the shop and had them do a tune up and replace the wires and plugs with the original motorcraft equipment and the problem cleared up:D

Rick in FL

Chris, I'd definitely recommend Motorcraft wires. Magnacors are OK but you have to be VERY careful when you put them on and take them off because the metel will bend/deform REAL easy and once that happens it's hard to get a good connection to the spark plug. I had them on my five speed for a few years but have since gone back to stockers/Motorcraft which I've never had a problem with.

Get stock 8mm wires for under $40 and see if it helps.

Try .045 gap on the awsf34pp plugs as well.

Jerry

Where can you get stock wires for $40?? We need a hookup from someone at a Ford dealership on this forum.

great site

Thanks alot! I have never been to that site and it is kick-***!! Those prices are unbelievable, I have been waiting for a good site like this. Cool.

Back