taking the coller off the top

corey796

can i unscrew or cut this collar holding the larger collar on and us a rubber hose and clamps i did not have the spaner wrinch to take the many nut holding the tube on the top off so i got a 2by4 and hammer it still damged the collar and it just looks bad now

ps yuo cant see the damge i did in the pic it is on the bottem of the many collar

Attachments

• coller.jpg
    coller.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 209
why did you seperate it? i remove the top and tube in one piece. it's no big deal to reseal the top. ford gasket maker # F8AZ-19B508-AB is used for that.
joe

First off Corey you're beating it on tighter. The coller nut retainer is left-hand thread. Don't feel bad I did the same thing. Locktite green was applied here during manufacturing so you will have to melt it. Be very careful as too much heat will melt the aluminum and fuse the threads together. Then obtain a chain wrench like at Sears. I found one about 8" long that would wrap around the collar then the heel would grab perfectly into those slots and wrench it off while held in a vise.

Vernon

i didnt know

i didnt know it would be this much of a pain in the butt all i was plaining at the time was to fix a bad lifter and it became a full blown rebuild(bint rod) i wanted to pull the supercharger,intake and get to the lifters thi was the first time into a supercupe

i want to take it of and go to hose and clamps now so when i have to get back into it i wont have the trouble i had this time thanks

i took mine off with an air hammer (broke it off i wasn't planning on using it again that collar is known for leaks!)

Back