89 XR7 - Looking to buy, need info.

MTTod

I'm close to being done with my 90 SC and came across an 89 XR7 the other day. Black with red leather, AT, needs body work bad! Anyway, are the standard Cougar body panels and parts the same as the XR7 or not? Also, will most SC interior parts swap?

as long as you stick to 89-92 you should be fine. i think that the rear bumpers might be different but i could be wrong. good luck
--joel--

Just about everything on a 89-92 base will fit an XR7. The bumpers are the same front and back. The only difference is the drivetrain, seats, dash cluster, center console, and the leather shifter handle. Grill has to come off a 89/90 cat. Headlights from an 89/90 cat or a 92-94 marquis. If it needs doors and fenders and such, a t-bird or cougar donor car will work. Thats what makes these easy to work on...BIll

Only thing is that the trim on the windows has chrome in it on the LS and so you can't use that on your XR7. It's not removeable either. The chrome strip in the bumpers is removeable. Tail lights are different also.

Thanks Dave, I forgot about the windows. When i bought my 90 the drivers quarter window was broken. It cost my insurance 595$ to have a new one put in. I almost choked when I saw the bill...Bill

P.S. Dave, do you still have that XR7 laying around or did you sell it (the one with no title)

Back