Air/Fuel Gauge Installation

Brandon

I want to splice into the connector on the passenger side firewall, but I don't know which wires to splice into. I want to splice into both the left and right, so I can install a switch to monitor both sides. Any ideas? Thanks!

The right HEGO signal wire is connected to pin 44 of the EEC and is Tan with Orange Stripes. The left HEGO signal wire is connected to pin 45 of the EEC and is Tan with Red stripes. For both HEGO Sensors the signal ground is the Grey with Red stripped wire.

I have a switch on my 92 that is 3 position. One position is left, one right, and in the middle position neither O2 sensor is monitored. It was installed by the previous owner and I have been told it was done by splicing in to the wires near the EEC. I do not know what he used for the gorund side nor do I know how to advise you on a 4 wire HEGO.

I cannot find the tan/orange and a tan/red wires at the connector by the passenger side firewall/shock tower. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot? You'll have to excuse my ignorance...I'm the most non-electrical person out there.

The wires I was referring to are going into the EEC which is behind the passenger side kick panel in the passenger compartment. They are part of a 60 pin connector which plugs into the computer.

Ok thanks....I'll check it out later and splice into them. Did you get my email a few days ago?

Back