Struts......

MysticGohan51

ok guys.....i need to know......first off i have the automatic ride control suspension on my 89 automatic sc.....how easy are the front struts to change......and autozone has them for 111 a piece.....anybody know where i can get them any cheaper.......hope to here from some people soon....thanks....

Tokico Illumina II's are the only aftermarket shocks that you can use that still retain the ARC. Not sure if that is what AZ is selling or not. Anyways, shop around (check shox.com) for the best prices. Front shocks are not too bad to change. Consider some taking a look at some of the other suspension pieces while you are in there as well (i.e ball joints, bushings, etc.)

Shox.com

Tell them you want the Tunderbird Club deal on the Tokico Illumina II shocks or get the whole damn kit (springs and shocks)...I like them and they perform well.

I like retaining the ARC, but if you dont care about that and want stiff and sporty, but retain the adjustability aspect...Koni Yellow is about the hands down most recommended shock when I was looking around...

Shox.com has the best prices I have seen and they are really good on customer service...Though if Addco ****s up a sway bar order, they do ship you off to Addco and not handle it for you as I would assume a reseller would, but thats another story...

- Mike

I tried

To get the front shocks off, you need to DRENCH the lower control arm (shock) bolt with PB blaster, liquid wrench, etc. about a week before you plan on taking them out. (This lets the penetrant soak into the bolts while you move everything around by driving it around.) Then put everything back together and drive to Ford and order two new bolts as you will probably damage the he** out of them taking them out. I have a 95 and the bolts did not want to come out! Then take off the nut and hit the threaded end with a BFH! I hope that helps.

Mike

I can get a full set for 420bux

THey are the Tokico ARC OEM replacements...

As far as changing them out...I found ti to be pretty easy, but everyone has a differant exp. sometimes...I took them to a shop and had them changed out with the proper tool...I took them all of 10 minutes to do it...They charged me nothing for it...

If you want a deal on them struts email me..

cudaz101@yahoo.com

Brad

Last edited:
ok another thing to ask......the automatic air ride control system......my shocks are definately bad....do i have to get the expensive ones or can i get any regular t bird struts.....cuz i really don't care about the automatic ride control unless it will affect something....hope to hear from you soon..Thanks...

Don

Back