engine removal

ss_scuba

I've got the Factory Shop Manual and I know what I need to pull out in order to yank the motor out of my SC. My question is to all of the people that have pulled the motor out of SC's before: Is there any little trick to pulling these out, or do you have any advice before (ie. tips/tricks)??

If there's anyone around the Calgary area that feels like pulling a motor later this week.....let me know. Gonna pull it and take it down to my dad's place to be rebuilt.

Last edited:
Masking tape and a good Ball point pen for labeling is the key. Also if you have a digital camera to take boucoup pictures is a great idea as well.

I am going to be posting a how to on my website when i get mine done.

When you pull out the engine, it is a good idea to remove the pannel that holds on the windshield wiper motor all the way across the firewall. Gives you more room to work.

Also is a good idea to use zip lock bags for your bolts.
just take a pen and write on the back what the bolts go to on the engine.

oh yeah!

label those wires with something that wont rub off with oil or grease take it from me and get ziplock bags with the labels on them and write how many nuts/bolts are in the bag, and what they go to!!!You will want to pull you own eyes out if you dont bro!! I had to go to the store 1 million times on this engine swap for bolts that got lost or mixed up. Its all about parts managment my brother. And if your gonna break down your engine, read performance boost cheap thread and what i wrote on gasket matching (I really dont want to write all of it again) It will give you so much more potential in the future and it will be a good amount of hp for almost nothing. Oh yeah one more thing... dont drop the engine.:D lsn n trq

Back