Anti-lock light on.........[kinda' long]

z90sc

I've done search and have read post about the Mark II system on the early SCs[90]......not sure of the problem.Was getting a hard brake when making a sharp turn to right, ie; a parking space...no problems any other times.Now I have a constant amber anti-lock light,brake pedal feels normal....no other symptoms other than the amber light.Anti-lock system functions normally at start up,both lights cycle off like they are supposed to do but the amber light comes on and remains lit after I press the brake pedal the first time after starting car.Brake fluid is correct,no obvious probs w/the pump..have noticed an intermittant noise in the right front brake when applying brakes but pads are good.Any help/ideas appreciated.
Thanks,
z

Z, my .02, ever so often my 35th will light the amber light for a while. Brakes work fine and no hard pedal. Sometimes it comes on when I accelerate or make a turn. this isn't all the time though. Whenever I pull codes, I get one for the right front sensor. I think I have a bad wire or sensor. You might pull codes and see what you get. I am wondering about a bad bearing or warped rotor that might be causing a problem on my right side.
Sorry I can't be more help. Good luck with your problem.

If it helps, this, http://www.35ththunderbirdregistry.org/ABS.htm, is a breakdown of the system. Duffy is knowledgeable and perhaps may shed some light on your problem.

A great week all.

tbirdsc35th said:
Z, my .02, ever so often my 35th will light the amber light for a while. Brakes work fine and no hard pedal. Sometimes it comes on when I accelerate or make a turn. this isn't all the time though. Whenever I pull codes, I get one for the right front sensor. I think I have a bad wire or sensor. You might pull codes and see what you get. I am wondering about a bad bearing or warped rotor that might be causing a problem on my right side.
Sorry I can't be more help. Good luck with your problem.

If it helps, this, http://www.35ththunderbirdregistry.org/ABS.htm, is a breakdown of the system. Duffy is knowledgeable and perhaps may shed some light on your problem.

A great week all.

I replaced the sencer in the brake fluid resevor it was ok for about one year ( same problem ) so I put in an extra oz.
of fluid two years no problem( but I also flushed at the same time) thanx Joel (russell n Joel )

Back