no fire

ehonrc51

Does anybody have any clues about why my bird isnt getting any fire? I've replaced just about everything that i can think of. Please help!

I can't stress this enough check all the wires going from the DIS to the cam sensor. crank sensor and coil pack. I also had a problem and I too replaced just about every sensor and it turned out my blower belt met my crank sensor wire. Good luck

What parts have you replaced? What have you checked so far? Does the upshift light come on when you try to start the car? Have you run any codes? How are you certain that it isn't getting spark, have you tested it? Please give us as much info as possible.

-Rod

well I have replaced just about everything I can think of. I have replaced the DIS module,coil pack,crank sensor,cam sensor,intergrated relay control module even bought a new EEC and still nothing. The ford dealership ran the diagnostic on it and the guy said it was either the crank sensor or the EEC but obviously that want it. The car gave no warning signs at all just going down the interstate got on a off ramp and the car died.So now i'am really confused.......

Are you getting any juice to any of the components? Is this a complete electrical failure or just a "no spark" condition?

Once again, does the upshift light come on when you try to start the car? How are you certain that it isn't getting spark, have you tested it? We can't really help you much unless you give us all of the info.

-Rod

A part shouldn't be replaced unless you have tested it and it failed. Did all those other parts fail the test? I would suggest starting with the self-tests (KOEO, ER). If any codes show up, work from there. Then start testing individual components, including the wiring harness. All it would take is one broken wire to cause the problem you're having.

all other electrical components work. No up shift light. I tested the number 6 spark plug for spark with one of those universal spark testers and nothing. I can hear the fuel pump prime when I try to start the car. I have checked all the fuses. Like I said I'am just not getting any spark. Sorry if i leave stuff out but I'am new with the s.c.'s

Back