solid rear

lessonintorque

I was going to attempt to put a solin rear in my sc, but I figured I would get some feedback first. Plus im gonna swap the gears, so ive got a little mor punch, so drop your 2cents...hel drop 10 cents i dont care just give me input. thanks guys.

huh?

Hello?! is this thing on? Do any of you feel there is a way around wheel hop other than a 500$-1000$ airbag set for the rear. i need to take care of this before i attempt this gear tranny swap. Help

NO or how about you try a search... hello is the SEARCH ON??

Wheel hop has been discussed numerous times and the reasons behind it, so you should be able to conclude what the problem is and what causes it and you shouldn't demand help, the world doesn't remove around you and your solin opps I mean solid rear.

I don't think it's worth it. Besides, why would you want to do it to this car? If you decide you really want to then I believe you'll have to buy a whole rear clip and there is actually quite a bit of work involved with that. Don't do it to an SC though, go tear up an LX and use their V-8 and really go for it.

thanks for the feedback...

Thank you guys for the feedback, I aprieciate the view points. I wasnt demanding help by the way, Im just new to the domestic thing and figured I d ask people more knowledgable than myself on the subject, thats all. you see my girlfriend has a mustang, I wanted something different. I just was wondering a way around wheel hop. I fully realize the world doesnt revolve around me. thanks anyway

air bags and good bushings all around in the rear will help with wheel hop. Oh and air bags for $1000 is way to much, couple hundred and if you can't do it yourself maybe another couple hundred to install. Also another fix is some good sticky tires so they won't slip in the first place.

I don't think a set of bags for our cars cost anywhere near that much.

I think they're just over 100 bucks/pc?

You don't need switches, just an air chuck.

If I were you with your way of thinking I would Just weld everything together. Then it will be solid.

Airlift Air Bags from Summit $64.95 a pair

part #: 60789 for 89-91
part #: 60776 for 92-97

I've had them on two of my MN12's for almost 4 years now, they will help noticeably with wheelhop.

-Rod

Not too hard at all, figure about an hour or two to install. The hardest part is drilling the hole through the bottom of the spring cup in the lower control arms for the air line. The rest is simple.

-Rod

Yes, the airbags come as a complete kit with instructions, fittings, and all the line you'll need to install it. Basically, you drill a hole in the bottom of each lower control arm in the center of the spring cup (inside the coil spring), install the bags, run the lines, attach the schraeder valves, and fill them up. It's pretty simple, the second pair that I installed took all of 30 minutes.

-Rod

Back