still no fire

ehonrc51

Ok....Heres the deal. I'am really confused with whats going on with my car. I'am not getting any fire to the cylinders.
So far I've replaced the DIS module the Coil pack,Crank sensor,Cam sensor,intergrated relay control module,EEC,checked all the fuses. I can hear the fuel pump trying to prime and all other electrical components work. There is no up shift light coming on and other than no fire everything else seems to work just fine. The guy at Ford said it may be the crank sensor or the EEC and obviously that wasnt it so that tells me the guy just didnt know what he was talking about or the test results are inconclusive...I dont know either way I just want my bird to fly again....Any help anyone can give me would be appreciated.If I left anything out please contact me so I either can check it or give a response..........Thanks

eric.murphy@cinergy.com

Read for codes? When the crank sensor was replaced did you make sure you had .030 clearance to the vanes of the harmonic damper? Is your crank pulley wobbling?

Actually I bought the car from my brother and he replaced it. Can I get to the crank sensor from underneath the car without removing alot of equipment? Also I didnt know the gap was .030 thanks. The way he talked their wasnt alot of adjustment in the crank sensor is this true? Thanks for your help

It's difficult to get to. If the engine computer isn't getting a crank signal it won't try to create any spark. So that would be the first place to look. Second would be throttle position sensor. If the engine computer can't get a throttle position it also won't spark.

Back