Meet In Daytona Over Thanksgiving

Phantom Menace

Anybody interested in a group meet at the Turkey Rod Run, over Thanksgiving weekend, at the Daytona Motor Speedway? If there is enough interest, we can get an area inside the speedway to meet as a group and show off our beautiful car's. At the same time looking at some really nice car's on display and for sale. Also a ton of venders, not necessarily for our particular car's, but there's always something for everybody.

ANY TAKERS????

This idea was brought up in years past, and the problem was-the Thanksgiving weekend event (unlike the one in the spring) excludes all cars newer than a certain year, it was previously 1976, but it may be 1978 or such now. Now, if you know something that I don't on this (like I said, this WAS their entry policy last year and previously) or are willing to check into it, then I'm certainly up for it. It would be sweet to see it happen if it's at all possible. If not, there's always the spring meet there at the speedway. That one , i'm positive we can attend as a club, for a fee of course.

Let us know what you find out. DAN H

Hey Dan, I think as long as our cars are not "rust buckets" They'd let us in. I know I've seen cars newer than 1980 in there. I especially remember a group of mid '90 Impala's. And last year while I was walking around I saw a '89 or '90 Cougar. I'll email them and see what their requirements are. I think it would be great to get a group together to show off our beauties!! I'll post what I find out.
Chris

Got my answer from the Turkey Rod Run people, and their going to be a bunch of turkey's!! It's a no go, he even said the Impala's, as he put it, are no longer let in. Maybe we can have our own show across the street and steal all their business. That i'd teach them. I guess we'll just have to see what comes out of our June get together and plan from there.

I emailed the guy last year when Dan and Bob and a few others were going up, he said we could enter but only in the open show on Sunday... You mean he said not at all Phantom?? What a dead beat.... Well that show was designed around the rods... Too bad though that's a nice turnout for exposure sake, and it would all be on the infield!!

RJ

You know, I noticed on their web site something about an open Sunday, but the message I got pretty much indicated we'd be locked out. Too bad for us, I've gone to the show a couple times with my '34 Ford, it's a very nice show. One last thing, can you tell me how to put my car info at the bottom of my post's?

Phantom Menace said:
TEST TEST TEST

I think you found it.... I've gone to that show ever since they've had it... First with my older brothers showing their cars and then just cause I love the rods...

The buy I emailed last year was a little snooty but he did say we could show.... I always wanted to get a group of us together and go up there just to shut up the mustang and corvette clubs that used to be there every year...

RJ

Back