LSC Valve Body

Jake

Has anyone ever put a valve body from a lincoln sport coupe in thier AOD"s? I was talking to a tranny shop and the owner said that a LSC valve body would be better than the B&M shift kit I bought. Agree or diisagree?

I'm pretty sure you need to go smack that guy upside the head. I don't see how a LSC valvebody, (4r70w tranny) would work in an AOD tranny, considering the LSC is going to have all the wiring harnesses and plugs for OD delete switch, and possibly the the torque convertor lock up schedule.

However, if you have a '94 of '95 SC, then you have the 4r70w tranny. In that case, I'd say screw the LSC valvebody and just do the famous J-mod on your's. That WILL be better then the B&M shift kit. Let me know if you need directions on how to do that.

Thomas

older Lincoln LSC's used the AOD and newer ones used the AODE (aka 4r70w) just like T-birds. Not sure what year they changed though. Also i doubt if an AOD valve body from an LSC is any different from an SC or a 5.0 mustang, but i'm just guessing here.......the LSC was even more of a luxury car than the SC so why would ford have put a firmer shifting valve body in it?.......

I guess I shouldn't of assumed that it was a Mark VIII. I guess he could of been talking about a Mark VII. At any rate, I would think that there would be better ways of going. My vote would be for a Lentech.

Thomas

The old Mark VII LSC used a unique valve body, different number than the 5.0 Mustangs. I agree that they likely would have had a softer, more luxury-oriented calibration.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Thanks for all the info. Is there a link to Lentech? Guess I should've looked in here before I bought the B&M shift improver kit. Oh well, loosing 40 dollars is nothing on this car!

Back