How much gain can I get by overdriving my allen sc

blown96bird

I have a Allen supercharged 96 4.6 bird. I have already added 30# injectors and 80 mm mass air meeter. I added a sc boost vacum gauge to my car. I used to see it start between the P and the s and go past the I on the gauge. I then added a A.R.T exhaust system 02 PI camshafts and raised top to the blower. I also added a more efficent heat exchanger. I normaly now only see a air discharge temp after the intercooler only 30 degrees above ambient and 60 when on boost. I noticed after the cams and raised top the car lost a noticable amount of power on the bottom end and boost pressure. It droped just a hair above 5 psi and won't reach the P. I am going to get a 8 pound pulley from allen to replace the 6 pound pulley. About how much more power will I see? I know on sc when you free the engine up you guys experience the same thing as I did. How much of a increase in air charge tempeture do you think that I will see?

allen.jpg

Hey Andy,

I think you would be okay going to from a 6lb to a 8lb pulley. You shouldn't create too much more heat. I can't imagine you'd be spinning the blower any faster then a lot of guys on here. Heck, a couple of guys run 18lbs. of boost. Although that's getting up there. Ah yes, the good 'ol Eaton heat box. Gotta love it! You should see a nice pick up in power, esp. on the low end.

Thomas

Back