303 Aerospace Protectant

Digitalchaos

Where can 303 Aerospace Protectant be purchased? None of the local auto stores seem to carry it.. Autozone, Napa, ect.

Thanks..

Same here, tough to find. I found it at a boating supply place, so you might want to try that, it does seem to be stocked by most marine suppliers. Very good stuff as I'm sure you know...Cheers.

303 is the best rubber/vinyl protectant I've ever used. No silicone (sp?) in it, won't dry out your dash and has a low gloss look that (to me) is super sharp. Also good for tires, seems to last pretty well against dust. I order that and a few other things here:

http://www.properautocare.com/

There are some other good ones on that site, but I haven't tried them yet. 303 also has a *very good* carpet spot cleaner. If I order from that site on a Monday, I usually have the stuff Thurs/Fri.

Last edited:
One correction

Bill's right about it being perhaps the best, but it DOES contain silicone, but a "good" silicone. It also has arguably the highest % of UV 40 of any protectant. Silicone is not necessarily a bad thing, it's just that there are many types of silicone and they all tend to get lumped together.

Armor All, and the clones of A.A. years ago came under fire because they contained dimethyl silicone oils. The greasy feeling stuff that removed plasticizers and led to cracking/fading etc. It had a high solvent content. There were tire lawsuits that forced Armor All to change it's formula. Today, it's a better product, but still doesn't contain higher PDMS precentages or UV40.

303 contains polydimethysiloxane (PDMS) silicones, which don't remove plasticizers from plastic/vinyl, is water based (not solvent based) etc. and dries to a hard , non-greasy finish.

Hope this helps.

I stand happily corrected! :D
I'd have been really disappointed if you said I was wrong and it could cause cracking. Want to keep my dash in one piece.

Back