whats wrong with my sc

aplvlydrtybird

heres the problem, sometimes when i start my car ithas this weird rattleing sound, and i have aftermarket exhaust so i thought it might be a flange but, when i try to turn it off when it does this, i turnthe key off and it still tries to stay on like its trying to turn over, and so when i put the key in the on position, it will start back up, and it will continue to make that rattleing noise. Sometimes when i try to turn it off it will continually do this for a while and then will shut off. Right now i am leaking coolant out of the timing cover, but that is getting fixed this week, and i will be putting a new timing cover on. I was wondering what could be wrong and what should i do. Is it possible that coolant is leaking on the CPS, or is that way off??? Well if you guys can help me that would be awesome. thanks

It sounds like your car is dieseling when you try to turn it off, meaning that your timing would be way off. Anyone else want to chime in here?

-Rod

Could also be...

Could also be your ignition switch (I think Ford has a recall out for them), or your starter solenoid (located on the driver's side fender apron in the engine bay. IF either one is bad, they MAY cause your problem.

Phil

Back