Head Gaskets

Pegged

i blew my head gaskets or thats what petro canada says, im thinking engine swap or replace head gaskets or something

someone help me

If your car still has the factory exhaust, and has around the 100 thousand miles...chances are it would be the head gasket, cause they are known to go at this time.
I'm not sure were you live, but here in winnipeg, parts for our cars are not easy to come by...let alone a whole engine swap.
Find a good mechanic and get it checked out again!

With the factory exhaust there is a bottle neck in front of one of the cats...it's a narrow 90 degree elbow pipe that really restrics the flow.

could you just replace that one part, and i heard if you get true exhaust with more flow that you will lose pressure and hp from the v6

Well I guess you could just change the elbo out with down pipes, as long as your cats and resonator are somewhat free flowing.
You will not lose HP, you will actualy gain higher end horse power...but you will lose a bit of tourqe from less back pressure...then you can get a 5% overdrive pully or other bolt-ons to regain some back.
Getting the custom exhaust done only costs about 200-250 dollars..so I thought doing it from front to back was worth the money.

HG's

It'll cost you about 2K to get your HG's replaced. If you can find a mechanic that'll do it with the felpro HG's I'd go that route, as they tend to be the best aftermarket set that's out for the SC.

Just because your HG's are gone, providing you didn't drive around a lot with them blown, doesn't mean there'll be a problem with your engine.

I just had my rad replaced because it cracked over the winter, what fun that was! My poor car hates wpg, heh.

lol ******, ya i got a mechanic to replace the headgaskets for 1000$

500 for labour and 500 for parts

but then he found 3 cracks in the right head and 2 cracks in the left head which adds about another 600$ to the total, and he is going to check my supercharger to see if its all good, do any of you guys cruise around on sundays? if so we should meet up somewhere, ive seen a few sc's around

Yeah I just got back from a quick cruise down Portage and Main, The body work isn't done on my car yet (probably do it over the next winter now) So I dont like to show it off that much anymore. :D
Although I still go and check out the other cars.
It shouldn't be hard to pick me out...I belive there are only 2 other Cougar XR7's in Winnipeg, and mine is the crimson red one.

In case we meet my name is Joe. :)

Last edited:
Back