thanks to all that helped

ehonrc51

well upon further investigation I found the crank sensor was installed backwards...as I was getting ready to put the socket on the crank bolt I noticed it wasnt there so I went to Ford and ordered another one and as someone mentioned about the bolt being broke I went to look and sure enough the bolt is broke causing the the balancer and the pulley to pull away from the sensor........only problem now is fixing it anybody have any advice on that it sure would be appreciated.......once again thank you to all those that replied to my post...............

Did the balancer break or just pull away from the sensor (slide on the crankshaft?) Also, is this a stock balancer? Do you have any idea how long it may have been operating without the bolt?
The reason I ask is, it isn't hard to "re-install" the balancer if all it did was slip on the shaft, but that may not be in your best interest. If this is a stock balancer, and it operated for any period of time without the bolt then it was obviously wobbling on the shaft (causing it to travel). Remove this balancer (if it is in one piece) and replace it with a NEW one. If it travels on the shaft, it is shot. It will break. Maybe not today, or tomorrow, but when you least expect it (and are 100 miles from nowhere). Getting it off in one piece is so much easier than tearing down the front of the engine to get the sleeve that is left on the shaft when the balancer shears. By a BHJ if you can swing it, or buy a NEW stocker, but replace it.

A little advise from a guy that broke 3 stockers before getting a BHJ..............

Back