Low speed fan?

curse

should it come on when the AC is turned on? The only fan that comes on when I turn on the AC is the High speed fan(one closest to the engine). When should the low speed fan come on?Please let me know. Thanks

Victor

The fan located in the shroud attached to the back side of the Rad is the Low speed and High speed fan. hr relay activates two different sets of windings. The fan should operate in low speed when the AC is on.

Ok I guess I got the two mixed up. Thanks for clearing it up for me. Does anyone know when the high speed fan should come on? I have never seen the damn thing on and I am running a littel warm right now (doesn't over heat just runs right at the middle most of the time never use to get to the N). I have a 197 t-stat with under drive pulleys and a good mix of anti-freeze . Can you burp the cooling system while the car is cold, or do I have to warm her up? Thanks again for the help.

Took me a minute to find this.
Low speed fan comes on when the AC is on and when the Coolent temp gets to 222F stops at 214F
High speed fan goes on at 228F off at 220F
Too damn high if U ask me that is why I set mine to:
Low speed comes on any time the engine runs High speed on at 200F .

yeah I feel my car is a lot stronger when the temp never goes past the N. With the under drive pulleys I felt a big difference, but now that the temp is up outside I feel some power loss because of how hot the engine gets. Thanks for the help again

Back