Intercooler Fan:HELP!!!!

loadedsc

I live in hawaii and seeing that the ambient air temperature is always hovering around 80 I went ahead and bought the intercooler fan off of super coupe performance. Im relatively knew not only to the sc but cars as well, this is my first. Well the directions that came with the fan are horrible, they dont help me at all. Anybody wana give me more detailed intructions? thanks

Did your fan kit come with mounting straps? It's easiest to just remove the I/C from the car, mount the fan, then re-install. It's not that hard to remove the I/C - just disconnect the upper and lower tubes where they meet the I/C, and there should be two bolts top and two bolts bottom to remove. While it's out you can clean out the inside of the I/C as well, and hose out any grit that may have collected in the fins.

There are a few options for wiring it up. You can use a thermostat control switch (adjustable or pre-set) that reads the temp off of your radiator, you can wire an on/off switch to be controlled from the dash, or you can simply ground the black wire, and splice the red wire into the ignition power wire that is under the fuse box behind the battery so it will run whenver the car is running.

Back