SCP exhaust or custom shop?

dead_lx

I'll be looking at getting a new exhaust as my first upgrade for my 92 SC. Would it be cheaper and just as efficient to get a custom exhaus?

I agree, you can take it to your local exhaust shops, have them put it up on the lift, and show them exactly what you'd like done. Get a few estimates, then you'll know which route to take. I spent around $600 for the exhaust I wanted:

2.25" downtubes
dual 2.25" Catco High Flow cats
18" Magnaflow resonator (#12278)
Single 3" into dual 2.75" just before the pumpkin with turndowns at the bumper.

Labor was about $325, and parts were about $270.

-Rod

Last edited:
I have the SCP exhaust. Got it before knowing how cheap it is someplace else...

I spent over $1500 just for the parts (header too of course) & found out after that any exhaust shop could make the same thing for over 6 or 7 hundred cheaper.

Find an exhaust shop,
Anthony

Exhaust shop WILL be chaeper but don't just go to the cheapest place. Go to a good shop that understands high performance and have them set you up.

ok here's my experience with the SCP exhaust. My buddy owns a transmission shop, and he has a pipe bender, kind of as a sideline business. He suggested i get the SCP downtubes with the flanges and O2 sensor port and stuff already there, and he'd do the rest. Since he doesn't really do exhaust all the time he said he'd rather me buy the downtubes and he'd go from there. Ok so i got the downtubes, with cats in like 4 weeks, for something like $325 if i remember right, plus shipping. the quality of the material was outstanding, i was impressed!. ......untill we went to install them.... The left side extended down about and 1.5" too far before it bent toward the back of the car, so it would have hit the ground very easily, like on a speed bump. the right side pipe had the O2 sensor fitting welded in the wrong place, so it was pointing right at the frame, no room to install the O2 sensor! So my friend had to cut the top off the left pipe and re-flare it , so it fit properly. then we put a plug in the O2 fitting on the other side and welded it and then ground the head off, and installed a new fitting in the proper location..........it all came out excellent thanks to my friend who did an awesome job on my whole system despite not having much experience with the pipe bender. I would have been better off having him do the whole thing. To his credit, Bill at SuperCoupe Performance did credit $80.00 back to my credit card, so all is good there, i would do business with him again, just not exhaust!

Back