Stupid UPS

Billabong089

Listen to this story,

First the part I Was waiting for was the isolator assembly that holds the differential in place, the place I ordered it from said it got lost in the mail, so they sent another one but since the part was obsolute, they had to order another one and it ended up costing me $30 more. I spent $80 plus $16 for 2nd day shipping.

The tracking number said it would come yesturday, so my friend and I took the old part off, and waited for the package to come... 4 oclock comes.. no part all the way to 7. At that point I was really pissed off and even UPS said they do deliveries up to 7pm. So I was like, well I have to put the old part back on so I can get my car home, so my friend ARC welded it and I started on my way home, well the welds broke and the ups truck just left my house as I was done and going home, that was at 8:10pm. ARGH!

But I do have a technical question, the bolts were really hard to get off, well only one was , so we heated it up with an acetylne torch. Is that bad to do? My dad was like your gonna make it brittle and it will break but we put it back on and torqued it 150 with no problem. They are pretty heavy duty nuts so I don't think heating it up did anything..?

Back